VISULEX Camera Systems (Ex)
- Ex II 2G Ex d IIC T6 Gb
- Ex II 2G Ex tb IIIC T80°C Db
same technical details as K07-Ex
stainless steel housing
especially for aseptic fields
This fixed lens CCD camera is best used for inspection and remote observation in hazardous locations.
- Mounting: bracket or sanitary clamp mount.
- Explosion proof: Ex Zones 1, 2, 21 and 22, Group IIc and IIIc.
- Power: 12 V from power supply, transformer provided.
- Housing: polished stainless steel (Type K55).
- Size: 78 mm dia. x 163 mm length.
- Resolution: 480 lines, 0.4 megapixels.
• Camera K55P-Ex/K55N-Ex with fixed lens:
During the installation process of this standard camera, its fixed lens is focused on the object to be monitored (outdoor area/ facility or technical process components such as pressure vessels or agitators).
• Design and applications:
– Pressure-resistant stainless steel body with built-in colour CCD camera, 1/3“ CCD sensor, 1 lux light sensitivity
– Approved for use in Ex zones 1 and 2 as well as zones 21 and 22
– Type of protection: IP 65
• Application temperature range: between -10°C and +45°C
• EC type examination certificate: BVS 15 ATEX E 056 X
II 2G Ex d IIC T6 Gb
II 2D Ex tb IIIC T80°C Db
• Ignition protection type: Ex d
• Explosion groups: II C (incorporating II A and II B)
IIIC (incorporating IIIA and IIIB)
• Lens with viewing angle: 28°- 60°
Minimum lens-to-object distance: 80 mm (see data overleaf)
- Electrical connection:
– Link-up is established via an external connection box included
in the scope of supply. (Assembly should be carried out in a
– Terminal box: Primary 100-230 V 50/60Hz, secondary 12 V DC
Total power draw: 7.5 W (incl. camera)
– Protection class: IP 40
Supply voltage: 12 V DC (supplied by the power adapter unit)
Rated power: up to 5 W
• Control line:
– Coaxial cable with four cores and PUR sheathing
– Length: up to 100 m (between camera and terminal box)
•Weight: 3.2 kg without control line
Similar to the internationally renowned Lumistar luminaires, the camera is secured to the cover flange of a circular sight glass fitting (to DIN 28120 or similar) using the hinged bracket included in the scope of supply (hinged bracket – 1.4301).
Alternatively, the special camera head can be mounted by way of a flanged adapter.
-If there is not sufficient natural light in the vessel, an appropriately dimensioned Lumistar luminaire can be additionally installed.
– A separate arrangement consisting of light glass and camera glass is a further option for consideration. This combination depends on the process and the reactor size as well as on the surface of the vessel, the medium in question, and the angle of incidence.
– Consistently uniform illumination should be ensured.
Similar to the internationally renowned Lumiglas luminaires, the camera system can be attached to the cover flange of a sight glass fitting using a hinged bracket. If the standard illumination of the process is not sufficient, an additional Lumiglas luminaire can be attached if fitting allows.
Application check list
Please make use of our system conformity for your application of the VISULEX-Lumiglas-camera system so that we are able to submit a correct offer fitting your specific application.