Lumiglas – the observation of process operations taking place
inside pressure and vacuum vessels, tanks, reactors, silo units, filters and other plant demands perfect illumination and unhindered visual check.
that is what lumiglas offers.
Lumiglas stands for sight and light ; for ideal visual control.
These inspections are carried out either by the process operative directly on the spot or without the need to access the plant, by means of the Lumiglas VISULEX Ex camera system. The combination of light and sight glass, created by Papenmeier- the first of many Lumiglas patents- is the ideal low cost solution for the user: the additional cut-out for a second sight port in the case of separate ports is avoided.
More security- less cost!
Lumiglas is internationally renowned and used by leading companies worldwide, particularly in explosion hazardous areas of the chemical, bio and pharmaceutical industries: mineral oil refining as well as foodstuffs and beverage industries, nucleur power plant, machine construction, electro industry, water treatment and shipbuilding.
Individually tailored resolution of problems; using economically attractive standard products or special designs to clients’ own specification.
A closely woven network of agencies both in and out of the country ensures efficient customer and after sales service.
Lumiglas ensures that:
All products pass the tests laid down by DIN EN ISO 9001 and in accordance with EC guideline with new Dekra/Exam according to the ATEX Directive 2014/34 / EU for Ex certificated undertakings, a mandatory examination. Thus Lumiglas safeguards the quality that brings years of practical use.
Parallel to our core competencies, we have established a comprehensive integrated quality management system that is constantly evolving with growing demands.
This is the basis of our success. Our standard is improved day by careful quality planning of development on the production, the Sales to service. Only in this way our products reach the required high reliability, availability and durability – even under difficult conditions. All those participating in the process be integrated into the overarching activities with.
DIN EN ISO 9001
Dekra/Exam according to the ATEX Directive 2014/34 / EU
Click to view the ATEX certificate (PDF)
UL ZPVI2 zertifiziert
Click to view the UP ZPVI2 certificate (PDF)
Click to view the Tost-R-certificate according to Ex luminaires (PDF)
Click to view the Tost-R-certificate according to Non-Ex luminaires (PDF)
Click to view the Tost-R cerfificate according to accessories (PDF)
Bundesfachverband Elektronische Hilfsmittel für Behinderte e.V.
Fachverband Biogas e.V.
Quality and Service – clearly better
Lumiglas is orientated toward the future:
- a patented idea with worldwide acceptance.
- observation of process operations.
- the economic way of providing a lighting and inspection port
Regulation (EG) No. 1935/2004
For materials and items intended to come into contact with food:
Our US agent, L.J. Star Incorporated, introduced us to this clip available:
- Wir über uns (Youtube)
- Lumistar Leuchte ASL 57 LED-Ex (Youtube)
- Lumiglas – Meldegerät für den Ex-Bereich M55-BD-Ex (Youtube)
- Papenmeier (Youtube)
Lumiglas® is the global technology leader and number one for luminaires and camera systems in Ex and non-Ex areas.
- Chemical and Pharma industry, Cosmetics
- Petrochemical industry
- Food industry
- Energy producers
- Water utilities and Sewage treatment plants
As of July 2003, organizations in EU must follow the directives to protect employees from explosion risk in areas with an explosive atmosphere.
There are two ATEX directives (one for the manufacturer and one for the user of the equipment):
- the ATEX 95 equipment directive 94/9/EC, Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- the ATEX 137 workplace directive 99/92/EC, Minimum requirements for improving the safety and health protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres.
The ATEX 94/9/EU that is dedicated to the manufacturer has changed. Always applicable up to 19 April 2016 the ATEX 94/9/EC will be removed and replaced by a new directive.
This new ATEX directive was published on Saturday 29 March 2014, under the new reference : Directive 2014/34/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 February 2014 on the harmonisation of the laws of the Member States relating to equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (recast) Text with EEA relevance – Official Journal of the European Union L 96 from 29/03/2014.
This new ATEX directive 2014/34/EU will be mandatory for manufacturer on 20 April 2016 as is stated in article 44 of the directive.
Promised for a long time, this new ATEX directive has been published together with 8 other directives in the frame of NEW LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORK (NLF) ALIGNMENT PACKAGE (Implementation of the Goods Package). It was the subject of a “COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMMISSION TO THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND THE COUNCIL” for the Alignment of ten technical harmonisation directives to Decision No 768/2008/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 July 2008 on a common framework for the marketing of products, in Brussels, 21.11.2011 under reference COM(2011) 763 final.
Lumiglas process observation and visual control systems.
- Lumiglas sight glasses, sight glass fittings and sight glass luminaires
- Lumiglas VISULEX Ex camera systems for remote visual control of processes which are difficult to access physically or where there is danger of contamination
- Lumiglas Sterile Technology – Process observation and visual control systems special Lumiglas stainless steel sight glass luminaires for use in aseptic or sterile areas
- Lumiglas Ex vehicle luminaires for mechanical handling vehicles ( e.g. fork lift trucks) as well as special Ex luminaires for aviation fuel tankers
- Lumiglas Solution packages for biogas production – Remote monitoring with Ex-cameras, and all components for producers and operators of biogas plants – Biogas Sight Glass with Light, Wiper and Camera System- Biogas sight glass for digester tanks and methane digester tanks. Our sight glass gasket creates a gas-tight seal by conforming to cement walls and ports used in digester tank construction. These biogas sight glasses are often equipped with explosion-proof LED lighting and cameras, as well as spray nozzles and wipers to keep the window clean despite the often-messy process material.